Friday, October 05, 2007

So-called update

Yes, it's been a long time since I posted here. Why? Too many things to do and too little time. The last two months in Nicaragua I was almost with no electricity so both writing and posting was impossible. But I'm back and I'm nearly satisfied with my fieldwork. I have a lot of data concerning a lot of subjects, but probably too little concerning the one I could concentrate on.... We'll see:) Now, what has happened and what I'm doing now:
1. I got married!! :)
2. I have a new supervisor
3. I've translated one anthropological article concerning European identity and the place of the Poles in the European community. Article was wrote by a Norwegian anthropologist and published in Betwixt and Between 2007. You can read the Polish translation here.
4. My two papers were accepted to presentation at the MASN Conference in Germany:
  • Place identity. Anthropologists and their romantic ideas in the crisis situations
  • Sense dependency vs. information dependency. Can phenomenological perspective be united with Becks theory of risk society?

You can read the whole program here
5. I am a member of the journal of Norwegian anthropology students Betwixt and Between 2008 and trying to write an article to this journal as well.
6. I have no idea how to transform my fieldwork into science...
7. I'll try to post some thoughts about my progress...